Subject: Re: [ilugd] Things to consider for Server Utilization
From: Rahul Bhargava <rhlbh...@gmail.com>
Date: 04/12/2009 1:57 pm

> Yes, every global zone will be clustered.

I don't mean to be pedantic but Zones are usually isolated virtual
servers on a single OS instance, while your email talks about
clustering several hundred machines.  Maybe you need these and cluster
zones too.

> And most of the machines are Solaris, so the chosen way to go is Zones.

Heterogeneous clusters are more difficult to deploy and maintain,
though not necessarily manage.  Some software may need to be compiled
from source as there may be differences in released versions, may be
one hindrance.

A resource that may be useful,

http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/features/articles/cluster_rac_install.pdf

Regards,