On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 1:47 PM, kuldeep gmail <kuldeepk1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi to all,
> I am using Ubuntu Jaunty since last 6 months. While I am facing less hurdles
> compare to previous distributions, But there are a big problem which comes
> occasionally. Some time my system just Hung up n become non responsive.
> Using ALT + F1 don't work. The only solution I have to do my laptop off and
Is this hang up in X server or the OS itself? Try Ctrl-alt-F1 and see
if you can open a new terminal and log into it. Then you can do lots
of things.
If it is a complete system hang then you need to identify what were
you doing at the moment of hang and start some debugging from there.
Also check the log messages after the reboot.

> restart again (Yes I do not get any shut down/logoff option in this
> condition ).
> I using HCL Laptop having intel dual core, inbuilt nvidia graphics card and
> 2 GB RAM. Is this problem with nvidia. Because Mandriva dont work with
> nvidia at all when i tried before.
> Jaunty work with card but it have some time hung up problem.
> Or there are any other cause to this problem, If anybody facing this.

Sudhir Kumar