On Sat, February 27, 2010 10:29 pm, sudhir kumar wrote:
>> on nVidia. Not directly nVidia though, but in some of the older kernels the
>> nVidia driver got broken. I guess if you update it to the latest kernel and
>> get
> No. The latest kernel will never work with Nvidia. They do not expose

I meant latest update to the kernel available thru the Ubuntu repositories only,
of course not from kernel.org or ppa :-)

>> every new update, the "Reliability" of Ubuntu is diminishing. Will have a
>> look
> But at the same time user interface is getting better and I feel that
> is a fair enough cost looking at the variety of HW available. I feel
> after few days of any release the system gets pretty stable.

If in those few days the newer updates fix the bugs in older updates. I've been
using Ubuntu since 4.10 days full time on all my systems and I've a first hand
experience on the frustration that seeps in when something that worked for last
6 months suddenly stopped working. Regardless, if the issues remain similar to
what I'm encountering now, then I think I can live with it - I like the effort
they put in making the user experience smoother, and that's the big draw.

Best Regards
Vivek Kapoor
http://exain.com