On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 4:04 AM, Linux Lingam <linuxlin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> dear all,
>
> noticed a couple of emails in the ILUG-D flood, that point to docs that
> people have stored and shared on google-docs,
> for inputs and comments from ilug-d.
>
> astonishing how muft and mukt visions
> go up in smoke when they go up in the cloud.
>
> isn't there a better way for us to collaborate on spreadsheets,
> wordprocessed files, presentations,
> using the web and nothing but the web, so help me lord,
>
> 1) using a totally muft and mukt stack of platforms and solutions
> 2) ownership is guaranteed in the hands of the collaborators.
> 3) our data is not sitting in someone else's golden-cage with the key in
> their backpocket?
> 4) optionally, authored files may be tagged for search-engines under a CC
> license?
>
> scribid comes to mind.
> slideshare for presentations.
> but nothing holistic here, yet.

wait for three-four months.  gnowledge.org lab is going to release a
web application to do documents, knowledge organisation,
presentations, calendar, tasks, spreadsheets, mind maps, concept maps
... .  all of this in plain text.  This project is based on
http://orgmode.org.

Meanwhile you may look http://orgmode.org/worg.  This is good enough
for people who know how to collaborate and work using git, svn. The
version we are making will be a web app that does the job for the
users.

--
GN