On 11/17/2010 08:02 AM, satyaakam goswami wrote:
I want to start a Library for FOSS books, But the basic math says this is a
difficult task..
one such initiative is already on
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=131953620168994 do try to collaborate

I am intrigued why there is an interest in physical books these days. Pretty much everywhere I look ( from the Pasteur Institute in Paris to the UCL and Kings College here in London ) the libraries are all scaling back, dropping periodicals in physical media and moving to digital formats. Even most course-ware is preferred in digital formats these days. The Pasteur institute has even gone to the extent of reducing to almost half their library floor space!

I don't mean to be negative, but just wondering what the state of play in Delhi is at the moment.

- KB