Hi  all,

I have been dealing with onBoard Embedded Software and using HP-UNIX
platform for mission-critical applications. I want to migrate on better
platform. I want to get some reviews on two different options - one is Linux
enterprise ( Red Hat or Suse) and second is Solaris.

I have few requirements like :
- Thin-Client(running suse) compatibility.
- Softwares like IBM-Rapshody, Beacon, Synergy,etc.
- FTP, samba and web servers.
- ICC Ada & C compiler.
- Security.
- Support & Services, etc.
- Mission Critical & Reliability.

So I want some suggestions so that I can decide which will be better for me.
I want to prefer Linux(Fedora) as I am very comfortable with it and many
forum are available to support. But I want few logical reasons to choose
Linux over Solaris.. Also, if I choose Linux then which will be better
Enterprise or Open Source ?

Thanks in advance!!!

Regards,
Devesh.