On 04/02/2011 11:46 AM, Arun Khan <knu...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have been doing some experiments with a Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N [1]
with DD-WRT firmware (officially from Buffalo on a CDROM that needs to
be flashed).   The firmware has some cool features; for a Rs. 3500
street price I think it is worth it as it removes some of the trials
and experimentation.

[1]  This is the only model with official DD-WRT support for the Indian market.

This is cool! I had purchased a Linksys WRT54GL (I doubt it's available now) which had support for OpenWrt, and I could solder SD card to it to enhance the storage etc. I purchased all equipment, but no time to actually do anything, so it's just there with the default firmware.

This WHR-HP-G300N looks interesting - double the CPU (400 Mhz) & Memory (32 MB). Would be faster and run asterisk better :-) If only we could plug in a 3G SIM, we would've been able to make it a mobile wifi router!

Regards
Vivek Kapoor
http://exain.com