On 07/15/2011 03:32 AM, Raj Mathur (राज माथुर) wrote:
- get an android device that has proper tether support

Skipping Android 2 for now due to its pathetic battery management -- all
reports indicate that Android 3 is going to be way better in that arena,
so will await its presence in the market.  Also, need to find an Android
vendor who doesn't pay royalty to MicroSux.

I get about 3 days out of my ZTE Blade device, its running a hacked 2.3 at the moment; btw. Android 3 is mostly targeting Tablets and isnt supposed to be for mobile phones. I might be wrong on this but no manufacturer is looking at Android 3 for mobile phones at this point.

- get a wifi device/gsm bridge like the huawei E585 ( a MiFi )
That looks interesting, could add it to the shopping list.

its nice in that it will let 3 - 5 devices hook up over Wifi. the E585 tends to go about 8 - 12 hours of usage, before needing a charge.

- KB