On 11/07/2011 07:08 AM, Linux Lingam wrote:
absolutely! there are people in the world who are adept at both. however, my specific requirement here is for someone who can take an existing websketch and convert it into clean HTML + CSS. The person does not necessarily have to author any design from scratch. Please do tell me if this aspect is not clear enough in my posting, will edit it accordingly. thanks so much, regards niyam

I'm not sure, whether you are clear enough or not, but my idea was -- we should not confuse amateur or enthusiast web designers and developers; this can devastatingly ruin their career, learning and, or development.

How many singers do we know who compose their own songs? If I'm not wrong, I can count them on tips though we are 7 billion now.

IMHO, designing a website is analogous to composing a song, which *only* a seasoned lyricist can do better, whereas presenting a website using HTML + CSS and needful scripting is correlative to singing a song, which *any* trained (yes, trained and necessarily not seasoned) singer can sing well. Moreover, the content of a website can (or shall definitely) play the roll of background or ambient music.

--
Balwinder S "bdheeman" Dheeman
(http://werc.homelinux.net/contact/)