On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 8:11 PM, Balwinder S Dheeman <bdhee...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/07/2011 07:08 AM, Linux Lingam wrote:
>>
>> absolutely! there are people in the world who are adept at both. however,
>> my specific requirement here is for someone who can take an existing
>> websketch and convert it into clean HTML + CSS. The person does not
>> necessarily have to author any design from scratch. Please do tell me if
>> this aspect is not clear enough in my posting, will edit it accordingly.
>> thanks so much, regards niyam
>
> I'm not sure, whether you are clear enough or not, but my idea was -- we
> should not confuse amateur or enthusiast web designers and developers; this
> can devastatingly ruin their career, learning and, or development.
>
> How many singers do we know who compose their own songs? If I'm not wrong, I
> can count them on tips though we are 7 billion now.
>
> IMHO, designing a website is analogous to composing a song, which *only* a
> seasoned lyricist can do better, whereas presenting a website using HTML +
> CSS and needful scripting is correlative to singing a song, which *any*
> trained (yes, trained and necessarily not seasoned) singer can sing well.
> Moreover, the content of a website can (or shall definitely) play the roll
> of background or ambient music.

thanks Balwinder for the analogy. You're right.
to take it further, i need 'backup vocalists' of HTML+CSS
and/or cover-singer artists.
is there a specific job-designation that fits the profile?
"web-designer" is too catch-all.

i also suppose such a person would already be familiar
with using FOSS tools for authoring markup,
or would be receptive enough to adapt.

regards

--
niyam bhushan