On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 5:55 PM, Sudhir Gandotra
<sudhirgando...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Which hardware ?
> No vendor is giving a board with assurance that Linux runs on their
> board/s. If I but without that assurance, and it does not work, the board
> becomes a costly paper-weight for me.

Vendors have mostly been slaves of M$ and idiots at that and have been
guided by standard evil marketing principles.

There are certifications for different hardware by canonical for e.g.
Fedora collects huge amount of data relating to h/w at all stages of
development, but they use a community approach.
There are firms like http://www.linux-tested.com/

How many companies do h/w certification for GNU/Linux in India?

Best

A. Mani

--
A. Mani