On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 5:42 PM, Varad Gupta
<varad.gu...@fosteringlinux.com> wrote:

>> Thanks. Does that mean that if I have secure authentication enabled
>> with Postfix, then I am covered. I think so, and sorry for being
>> insistent,
>> but I am paranoid here.
>>

> As regards open-relay yes (with TLS enabled), but not necessarily against
> heavy traffic (DDOS or flooding). iptables shall help there.

Sorry, do not quite follow.

I do have an iptables rule that only accepts SMTP. How do I
have extra protection by introducing a further routing of packets
only to my MTA? Do you mean that having a single destination
makes it harder for a DDOS attacker to guess at the valid IP?

Regards,
Gora