Hello Raj,

You know, this sounds like a really cool initiative.  I don't remember
> anything about physics, but the samples shown on the web look
> interesting.

Sorry for the late response ... somehow I missed this mail :(

Yes, ExpEyes can do a lot of interesting things ... and it is also perhaps
one of
the very few open hardware initiatives from India.

>  I wouldn't mind owning one of those things.

There is a page on the website with a list of vendors - you may be able to
purchase
from one of them!

> I was only able to find one (non-definitive) link on the 'net about its
> hardware licence, though -- any place that is documented?

I will check this out with Ajith, the main developer of the device.

> All the best with the contest, and do give us the highlights once it's
> completed.

Thank you; will post updates once the contest is over!

regards,
pramode