Raspberry pi - can be purchased off Amazon.com

However, while you do that - AND I KNOW THIS IS NOT ANDROID forums - you
may want to try, Android PC - $50-$80 with Wifi, HDMI (or vga) output, usb
port... this takes about 4W power. and has 1.5Ghz dual core CPU + MALI GPU.

I have heard, people have ported linux on this - ubuntu, bu the android
works pretty much off the shelf.

You can buy this off, Dealextreme (dx.com) or ebay.in.

This IMHO would be your best/closest bet.

Alok