> It would be great to have few features like:
>
> 01. It provides a convenience to add new users, hosts, commands which user
> is allowed to.. etc in a consistent manner. We wish to get this file
> organized in the sense of free from human typos, abbreviations, standards
> etc.

there is nothing for this but something like this can be done like
take https://github.com/pita/etherpad-lite write one plugin to mange
your sudoer's syntanx.

> 02. Many times the access is provided on temporary basis, and humans are
> prone to forgetfulness. if there is some access could be provided for a
> definite time basis, after which the access is automatically revoked
again at the time of deployment maybe setting a cron revoking the
access could be done , but again in enterprises we would need to
inform the user before revoking etc , so sending a mail with in
certain days could do the trick.

> 03. We are looking for a cursor based tool/utility which could possibly
> mange it it in more affective manner.

initially i thought we you could live with git + sshpt
(http://code.google.com/p/sshpt/ )  combo where in you can store the
different versions of a file in git and deploy using sshpt

yes there are chef's , puppet and salt stacks you can look into too .

-Satya
fossevents.in