My (non-top-posted) reply below:--

On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 11:18 PM, Gora Mohanty <g...@mimirtech.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I suspect that it will take some time for all of us to come to terms
> with the fact that OldMonk will never again be annoying^W gracing
> us with his wisecracks. His mother, who is not at all computer-savvy
> has requested a compilation of remembrances of him; especially
> about what people have been saying about his passing. Therefore,
> I request all of you to share with me (off-list, if you prefer) anything
> in this regard. I am currently aware of:
> * Posts on this list
> * Facebook posts from people who are on my list of friends
> * EFY write-up

Nice initiative Gora... incidentally, even I had spent the last hour or so
creating a facebook page in Raj's memory... and trying to spread the word
of prayer meeting in Raj's memory to friends.

I am sure there are literally thousands of people whose life Raj-- as well
as his postings/FOSS contributions would have touched over the years, and
it is nice to see that Raj will live forever in our hearts.

In my case... I was a kid when I first came in contact with Raj in the
1990s... by the BBS he then started... went out of touch... except to ping
him off and on for help-- till I burst back onto the ILUG-D scene around
2006.

Regards,

Nalin