On 15 December 2012 23:18, Gora Mohanty <g...@mimirtech.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I suspect that it will take some time for all of us to come to terms
> with the fact that OldMonk will never again be annoying^W gracing
> us with his wisecracks. His mother, who is not at all computer-savvy
> has requested a compilation of remembrances of him; especially
> about what people have been saying about his passing. Therefore,
> I request all of you to share with me (off-list, if you prefer) anything
> in this regard. I am currently aware of:
> * Posts on this list
> * Facebook posts from people who are on my list of friends
> * EFY write-up

I just had a crazy idea. If you have Raj Mathur on your
IM list, you might have been slightly disconcerted to see
him as still being "Permanently out to lunch". While that
wording is eerie, we can turn the tables on him. Send him
a short message, maybe with a musical tribute, and also
copy it here. If there is an adequate response, I will collate
all of them, and add them to the tributes. Here is my
message:
Good bye, Raju! When you get to heaven, and you meet Old St. Pete /
Tell that boy, jump for joy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHm19sjbGGA

Regards,
Gora