My brother downloaded the LATEST version of 10.2.8 and has had a myriad of problems. It takes about 20 minutes to bootup and then only into single-user mode, the SuperDrive won't recognize holding down the "C" key at startup, and the Eject key does not work. He has run fsck -y but it doesn't seem to fix all the problems. One problem that is noted is something called an "overlap" but I'm not clear as to what that is referring. Since he just let Software Update do all of the install, I don't think that it was an Archive and Install job. Any suggestions?

I have ordered 10.3 so I hope that Apple will have fixed these problems before the 24th.
--
Sincerely,
Dennis B. Swaney

"Windows is a command-line OS with a GUI shell while Mac System 10 is ... oh, never mind."