From: "Thomas D. Kearns" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Safari has slowed down considerably since my latest upgrade of OS X:

In my experience, this is almost always due to cache problems. There is a command in Safari to empty the cache (in the application menu). Use that and see if that doesn't improve things.

2.  CBS.sportsline.com gives me an error message that :  "this page
has content of MIME type "audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin."  because you
do not have a plug-in installed for this MIME type, this content
can't be displayed."

Reinstall Realplayer 10. Be SURE to get the free one, not the "free for a while" one.

3.  AOL is giving my wife fits - sometimes never loads, sometimes an
error message.

Can you be more specific here? Are you referring to:
1. The application AOL that AOL subscribers use to access AOL content?
2. The website "www.aol.com"?
3. The AOL webmail page?

If it's 2 or 3, then the cache issue I mentioned should help.

It's probably also time (and certainly wouldn't hurt) to run Disk Utility's "repair permissions" and OnyX's cache-cleaning and system- optimising tools. DU is in your Utility folder (inside the Applications folder) and OnyX is a free download available at all good mac download places.

Cheers
Chas