On Dec 22, 2005, at 3:23 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

but what about the windows key?  Do they have a Mac version?

When you first plug it into a Mac on OSX, OSX asks you to identify 2 keys by pressing them, then it figures out the rest of the layout. The Wind'ohs key automagically becomes the Apple (Command) key, "Alt" becomes the "Option" key and "Ctrl" is still "Control." The mini keyboard actually is handier because it has 4 special program keys for some Wind'ohs operations (like Email) that don't have Mac equivalents, but are treated as power buttons on the Mac, so when they are pressed, the dialogue for "Cancel, Restart, etc." comes up just like the old Mac keyboards used to do; something I missed when Apple lost the power button on its keyboards.

The larger size keyboard does not have these buttons. The larger one also has two mystery (to me) keys, one that is a "select" button which seems to take the place of a mouse click for forms and such and another marked "Ins" (I guess for "Insert") which doesn't seem to do anything when I press it.

Again, I haven't tried it on OS 9, but I don't think it would automatically map the keyboard, if it could work at all.

What I meant was is their a version with the apple instead of the windows logo. I found out that there is not. But found the company site and requested it.

If anyone on the list would like to see one with an apple logo like I would.

Go here <http://www.zippy.com.tw/K_contact.asp?lv_rfnbr=2>