I've just bought a used iMac G4/800, and, according to System Profiler, the
inbuilt graphics are "NVIDEA GeForce4 MX". In OS 9.2.2, if I load all the
NVIDEA extensions the Mac hangs at the startup screen on bootup, but it
boots OK with the ATI drivers loaded instead. My question is exactly which,
if any, of the below extensions should I have loaded for optimum performance
on this iMac?

ATI 3D Accelerator
ATI Driver Update
ATI Graphics Accelerator
ATI MPP Manager
ATI Radeon 3D Accelerator
ATI Rage 128 3D Accelerator
ATI Resource Manager
ATI Video Accelerator
OpenGLRendererATI
NVIDIA 2D Acceleration
NVIDIA Driver
NVIDIA DVD Accelerator
NVIDIA Engine
NVIDIA OpenGL
NVIDIA Video Accelerator
Apple IX3D Graphics Accelerator
Apple IX3D RAVE Engine
Apple IX3D Video Memory Manager

At the moment, I have NONE of the above loaded. What IS loaded, however, is
"Apple Monitor Plugins". Do I need this?

Also, the Monitors control panel only shows "Millions" and "1440 x 900". How
can I adjust brightness, change the resolution, etc??

Similarly, I get no audio output. Sound manager is loaded, volume is full,
but nothing out of the speakers or headphone socket.

I PRESUME that these are all OS9 problems because sound and display
adjustments work fine in OSX, but I need to also boot into 9 as some apps
won't run in Classic mode.

Here's another dilemma - holding "shift" on bootup doesn't start up the
without extensions loaded, and holding "option" on bootup doesn't give me
the option to boot into OSX. Also, there's a small mark under the screen's
surface that I'd like to remove if possible...

Any help on all of the above would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Kev