> Where is the default SMTP port listed, Richard? The only place I find
> it is on my mac.com account.
> But the problem is not with the mac.com account; it's with the att.net
> accounts, which are POP and on server 465.
> Spose I should change the att server to, like, 466??

What email program do you use?
Do you DIAL-UP to the internet (i.e. - thru AT&T) or do you have Cable/DLS?

If you use any of the EMAIL PROGRAMS available for OSX you can go into the
Settings in that program and SOMEWHERE there is an option to specify what
PORT is used for SMTP (Sending email).

Richard Colbert
"Recent Ubuntu Convert"
YIM: cmptrgeeknshermantx