At 3:54 PM -0600 1/23/06, Matt wrote:
I have an iMac DV w/ the stock 10gb hard drive in it. I'm about to load up 10.3.9 on a newer 30Gb 7200RPM hard drive. Since I would like to have as much room as possible for X I was wanting to load it by itself on the new drive. But, since several things require you to boot to 9 I wasn't sure what I needed to do. My question is, I'm going to put the 10gb hard drive with 9 already loaded into an external enclosure and make it a firewire drive, can I boot 9 off this if I need it?

Yes you can. But do you need to. For what I am still using classic for the System and Applications only take 1 Gb, if that. There is a boat load of stuff in the System Folder you can dump. Try turning things off using Extension Manager first, start up Classic or Boot off it then launch any apps you want. If that works then toss the items out of the Extensions (Disabled) folder. For other items create a holding folder, move them into it then test the System again.
--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA