On Feb 1, 2006, at 9:41 AM, iMac List wrote:

From: Roy Olynick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Repairing Permissions w/Cocktail & OnyX
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 16:28:49 -0600

On 23-Jan-06, at 9:20 PM, Roy Olynick wrote:

There must be something amiss in my system, OS X 10.3.9, because when=20=

I perform routine maintenance to repair permissions using Cocktail or=20=

OnyX, both apps have run over one hour without completing the task.=20
The only way to close the apps is to Force Quit them using Activity=20
Monitor.

Does anyone have an idea what may be the problem?

I didn't receive any response from listees concerning my Repairing=20
Permissions problem but learned of a solution nonetheless from Joel=20
Barriere of OnyX: "It's a known bug of Apple, not OnyX... (this problem=20=

appears also in Disk Utility). Delete iTunes.pkg and iTunes4.pkg files=20=

located in /Library/Receipts/...folder and keep only the iTunesX.pkg.=20
Then you can repair permissions..."

After following his advice, both OnyX, Cocktail and Disk Utility=20
(/Applications/Utilities) worked as they should.

It is very nice to see this kind of feedback.  Thanks.

Al Poulin
Anger, hate, and revenge are for the devil, forgiveness is for God, proactive self-defense is for the rest of us.