On Feb 9, 2006, at 1:59 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

At 9:51 AM -0800 02/09/2006, Dale Goodvin wrote:
On Feb 9, 2006, at 1:57 AM, Tim Stephens wrote:

image previews in the icons by changing the 'view options' in your finder window (check the box called something like icon shows preview).

Very Strange: I did the following, thought it was great. Opened one of the images in Preview, rotated it, saved it and the image in the finder/folder window did not rotate!

What am I doing wrong??

*grumble* Stupid Finder. Maybe the preview wasn't rotated, or maybe the new icon wasn't created or set, but more likely the Finder didn't refresh the cached window like it should have. Drives me nutz when Finder is out of sync...

If you're going to be manipulating the images, then use GraphicConverter's browse window. It's doesn't have these lame problems.

- Dan.

You must use the save command after rotating then it stays.
Also a wonderful viewer that I have used for years is iView Media, It is available for download, but mine came with Toast 5 and was hidden in a folder called Roxio Photo. It is a wonderful program for slide shows and predates iPhoto by years. Before that in System 7 thru 9 was jpeg view which was freeware from a professor at Stanford. I do like to make slide shows in iPhoto and really like the cube view of changing slides.
John G