> How hard is it to crack a G4 iMac?  I have a G4 iMac that sometimes
> won't boot.  Last night I was able to boot it, and it passed all of
> the extended Apple Hardware Test, but then 30 minutes later it
> wouldn't boot.
>

> I see the this take-apart documentation: <link snipped>

For what purpose are you taking this apart? If it's "just for a look to see if
there's anything wrong", then you most certainly should not be attempting
this... If you have a new HDD, or other components to replace what's in there
already, go ahead.

> Anybody have any experience here?  What's the worst that could
> happen?  I'm guessing the worst that could happen is that I'd have to
> pay someone to put it back together.

I imagine that the worst that could happen is that you'd toast the internals.
Personally, I'm not one to shy away from this kind of thing: make sure that you
get a new tube of heatsink compound to replace what you'll smear all over your
fingers in the take apart. You can buy it at electronics shops (not sure of the
relevant shop names because I don't know what coutry you're in).

Take plenty of care, make sure that you're grounded and don't force anything.
Cheers,
Tim