On Sep 6, 2008, at 1:26 PM, lrbarrios wrote:

> Also, why do you suppose the PRAM reset didn't work?  To double-check
> that I was doing it correctly ('cause what worked for the Rev A Bondi
> may not work for Summer 2001 Graphite) I went to Apple's Support
> site.  Yep, I was doing it right and it responded exactly as the
> instructions said that it should (second power on chime).  I also
> verified with Apple that the Startup Disk setting was one of the
> parameters that is kept in PRAM.  Maybe I'm not holding my tongue
> right.
>
> Lonnie.

Maybe I was just never persistent enough in MY looking, I could never
find anything definitive.

What I have found through MUCH painful repitition and testing, that
'The second Chime' isn't the 'Magic Bullet'

I now routinely hold the 'Ctrl/ Opt/ "P"/"R"' through AT LEAST three,
if not 4 or more cycles. [A little more time here, Less time wasted
getting back to this point to 'try again']

Chuck D.