Subject: keyboard power button issues
From: Peter Mc Court <peter...@fagmed.uit.no>
Date: 18/12/2008 17:48

Learned ones,

I just rescued a Ruby iMac (G3, 400MHz, 36GB HD, CD drive, 256MB RAM,
OS9.2.1, Firmware 4.1.9) from the Uni skip. She (Ruby) is fully
functional, except that I need to use the power button on the box to
start her up.

None of the keyboard power buttons for my other 3 iMacs (similar
vintage) can start Ruby up, but they all can shut her down.

I see that Ruby's power button is sits more deeply in the bezel than
on the other iMacs, so I guess she has been subject to some abuse. Is
there an easy fix for this power button issue? I've read that one
should avoid using the power button that sits on the iMac box.

TIA and cheers from Tromsø,

Peter