How to Install Classic OS 9 Support in OS 10.3

I have a iMAC G3 333 MHz, 6Gig HD, 192 RAM.

I asked earlier about install the latest firmware (version 1.2)
on my iMAC machine with MAC OS 9.

I could not get it to read the file and received an error. I tried
several
ways including uncompressing it on another MAC and then using
a USB drive to transfer it but still no luck. After several hours I
decided
to go ahead and install MAC OS 10.3. MAC OS 9 didn't seem to be
working right.

I had the MAC 10.3 install format the drive and do a fresh install but
I lost MAC OS 9.

How can I install MAC OS 9 on the same partition as 10.3? Can I just
copy a backup of my system folder and rename it something like
system9?

Once OS 9 is installed, how can I have the computer bootup in just
OS 9 without X running?

How can I tell in 10.3 exactly what version Firmware I have?

I'm told 10.3 can work without the correct updated firmware but
would have some problems with external drives, etc.