Doug wrote:

>When I start it up now all I get is an icon that blinks question
>mark followed by a Mac symbol followed by a question mark over and
>over.

The first thing I would do, *especially* if we're talking about an original
tray-loading Imac 233/233/333mz machine, is zap the PRAM.? Especially if the
machine has been unplugged for a spell...

Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R. You will
need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.

Turn on the computer.

Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination
before the gray screen appears.

Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound
for the second time.

Release the keys.

Craig W.