On Sep 8, 2009, at 4:33 AM, Bill Spencer wrote:

> That's fine as far as it goes, but all of this only addresses the
> Inbox, nothing else. What about the messages I've sent? What about the
> messages I've filed away in specific sub-folders that I've created for
> organizations I am part of, or for messages from my family, or
> whatever?

Quite frankly, this precise issue is why IMAP was invented.

Now if you're stuck with a POP mail account for whatever reason, the
only solution is to roll your own IMAP server (won't take much a B&W
would do it) and use fetchmail to place all the mail from your various
POP accounts on your server, and you access the server from any other
computer you own.

Clearly this isn't a simple task.

--
Bruce Johnson