WAYNE H FOWLER wrote:
> I have an iMac G4 1.25 17" FP with 1 gig of ram.  I'm running Tiger
> 10.4.11 now.  When I thought of upgrading to Leopard, I read that it
> likes to see at least 2 gigs of ram to run smoothly.  Does anyone have
> any experience with running Leopard with this configuration?  How
> important would it be to upgrade to 2 gigs?  I have read on "everymac"
> that it's possible to load the two chip spaces with 1 gig chips but
> Apple doesn't recommend it.

I've got Leopard running on two G4s (Mini & ibook) with 1.25 Gb and it
works smoothly.  Both are used for playing video which tends to be a
good gauge for such things.

According to MacTracker you can put 2G in the iMac.  Apple doesn't
recommend against it, they only specify a maximum memory of 1Gb but that
is based on what memory was available at the time the machine was
released.  Apple has always done this and many Macs are can easily and
reliably upgraded beyond Apple's spec.

So, 1Gb is enough but 2Gb would be better and is quite doable.

--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA