I have an indigo iMac 600 DV that I was recently given. There is not a
hard drive in it currently. I put an original iMac grey CD in it to
see if it would boot. I get the startup bong, but then it goes to a
white screen and just stays there.

I only tried to boot it off the CD to see if it would boot. Does it
require a hard drive to boot? I thought if it couldn't find a hard
drive it would get to a screen with the missing folder icon.

The guy who gave it to me said it was working before he pulled the
drive. I was hoping to set this thing up for my Mom to use.

thanks,
Kevin