Flip the side down and look at the top of the hard drive, and was it makeing the clunk, ca-clunk, ca-clunk noise?
On Feb 20, 2010, at 1:43 PM, Bill Chapman wrote:

I have no idea... it might not even be the hard drive, although Friday morning it booted up at first and then when i started up dreamweaver the mac started to make a repeating noise and wouldn't progress...I tried a restart and got the question mark flashing (and interchanging with the old mac os logo). Tried starting up with the original tiger disks, but no hd found. Then started up with DiskWarrior 4... same thing, hd found.

I'm not a techie so it could be something else as far as I know