On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 11:16 AM, Michaelangelo
<imacumacweall...@gmail.com> wrote:
> With any luck, you have the same problem I had shortly after buying a new
> (old) 333 slot load: there's a small battery inside that just flatout died.
> About $10 at Battery Plus (where you should bring the old battery to confirm
> it is in fact dead).

Haha, thats where i got the battery for my iMac too, albeit a Summer
2000 DV model. I got the batteries for the PowerMacs at RadioShack and
when i went to get one for the iMac they were out, so i ran over to
there, they are in fact cheaper. Back on topic though, unless the
school district that originally owned my iMac replaced the battery, it
still has the factory battery.