No... It is impossible. *Maybe* with a LOT of hacking, soldering, dremmeling,
ETC; The slot-loader motherboards wouldn't even fit (physically) inside the
trayloader. Apple radically re-designed the slot-load iMac, and it has
different connectors, a different number of connectors, (Much less) and
probably different voltage requirements from the PSU. Which is in a different
place...
You can, however, upgrade the processor in the trayloader; and I believe you
can even get G4 upgrades for it. Might be worth looking into if you want to
upgrade.

        -Elliott Price

Quoit - Macintosh Computer Services
hobbittech.com/quoit