Hi, I have an iMac G5 with an isight camera that I got in a trade. The owner
told me it just needs a hard drive, so I ran down to my local computer store
and spent $50 on a 160GB SATA hard drive. Installed it in there and fired it
up. booted to the boot selection menu, where I inserted the disc. It takes
anywhere from 10-20 minutes to finish loading the boot selection menu, and then
when I click the install disc, it goes to the apple screen, but no spinning
lines under it. It never loads the spinning loading symbol. I was wondering if
anyone had any input to this idea. I have tried target disc mode, and it boots
into it after around 15 minutes, but it does not show anything on my MacBooks
or PowerBooks desktop. Not sure what is going on here but would love it get it
going, very nice machine with the 1.9ghz PowerPC G5. I am trying to install
Tiger by the way. Thanks!

Jeremiah Stevens