On 5/24/10 5:26 PM, Jeremiah Stevens wrote:
Hi, I have an iMac G5 with an isight camera that I got in a trade. The
owner told me it just needs a hard drive, so I ran down to my local
computer store and spent $50 on a 160GB SATA hard drive. Installed it in
there and fired it up. booted to the boot selection menu, where I
inserted the disc. It takes anywhere from 10-20 minutes to finish
it goes to the apple screen, but no spinning lines under it. It never
loads the spinning loading symbol. I was wondering if anyone had any
input to this idea. I have tried target disc mode, and it boots into it
after around 15 minutes, but it does not show anything on my MacBooks or
PowerBooks desktop. Not sure what is going on here but would love it get
it going, very nice machine with the 1.9ghz PowerPC G5. I am trying to
install Tiger by the way. Thanks!

Are you saying you activated Target Disk Mode on the G5 in question and it took 15 minutes before the yellow and blue Firewire logo came up on it's screen?

Those boot times are way too long, something is wrong there. I'd check the RAM for starters.

It could also be a number of things on the logic board.

--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA