You can always empty the case and make an aquarium, or a kitty house,
or something out of it --they still are real cool-looking. Other than
that, don't bother trying to fix it. It sounds too screwed up.

One has to learn when to stop. I have been lucky on eBay, but there's
the occasional lemon --like a Quicksilver I got there. I replaced the
memory, the hard drive, even the logic board, and it never worked
right anyway. Just one of them money pits... :-)

Felix