William Spencer wrote:
Hi there: Is there a consensus on ink? I have two ink-jets, a Canon Pixma iP6220D and an HP Photosmart C4400 series (as well as a laser printer), and have been finding it increasingly difficult to get replacement third-party cartridges that work, especially with the Canon. My choices seem to be, in descending order of cost:

1. Branded cartridges
2. Third-party cartridges
3. Refilling myself, by hand

As we all know, #1 is very expensive, but of course the manufacturers make their money on the ink, not the machines. #2 is as noted above. Do you-all have recommendations on whether it makes any sense to go to #3, which I have never done, or just suck it up and go to #1? As always, my thanks in advance!

list the cartridges and I'll keep an eye out here in my area. If you watch for the HP 02s and (I'll get the #'s for other printers I have) then maybe we can swap.

Charles
OKC