Oh boy. Here we go again.

By the way, nowadays viruses other than malware are usually nothing
more than that: something a company cooks up to
scare computer users into buying their product. And the most effective
forms of malware are not viruses, but phishing, which require you to
actively go to their fake websites and voluntarily give them all your
personal info --something that afflicts PCs and Macs alike.