On Sep 14, 2:23 pm, Midnight rider <coolmar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a 20" imac G5 that i use for photoshop, youtube, and some online
> gaming on a daily basis. If you're looking for power for the buck, get what
> i got. (Although really i paid nothing for mine since i traded my G4 iBook
> for it.)

There is a caveat, though: G5 iMacs and the first couple generations
of Intels suffered from display and/or graphic card problems. I've not
only read about it, but seen them firsthand. YMMV, of course. My
neighbor had a G5 that had them --the screen started getting vertical
lines, then strips, and it all went downhill from there--, and I have
the first Core 2 Duo model, which suffered a similar illness and was
repaired by Apple at no cost to the previous owner.

That said, this iMac is a peach and does everything any newer machine
does. Its only drawback is the 3 gig memory ceiling, and that won't
bother most people, anyway.