This is only been a recent problem, and I need help with this. My iMac G5
kicks it's fan on HIGH whenever it starts up, but only before it boots on
the Apple logo. once the Apple logo appears, the fans die down. This is only
happening when the system has a question mark on a folder, or when it is in
target disk mode, or when it is choosing a disk to start from.

Any ideas? It doesn't have any other problems, just this one. It's a Rev. A
iMac G5 20" 1.8Ghz.