Nah, you can never have too many Macs... well if you have more than 2 of the same type, maybe.

Check my lineup:
• Mac Quadra 610 25MHz MacOS 8.6 (my first Mac, secondhand 1996... all my Macs are secondhand btw)
• Power Mac 7200 90MHz MacOS 8.6
• Power Mac 7600 120MHz (I think) MacOS 8.6
• Power Mac 8600 300MHz MacOS 8.6 (on my LAN, still in use... I'm a designer and my Wacom tablet, scanner and printer are SCSI)
• G3 iMac 350MHz Panther (Bondi or Blueberry, not sure)
• G3 Blue &White Panther/Classic 400MHz
• G3 iBook 300MHz Panther/Classic (Bondi or Blueberry)
• G4 Titanium Powerbook 1.6GHz Leopard (on my LAN)
• G4 QuickSilver 800 MHz Tiger (on my LAN)
• G5 Dual 2GHz Leopard (on my LAN)

I'm no where near the aficionados that you guys here are... I don't tinker with old machines at all. They were all (excepting the iBook) purchased as upgrades to my production as a designer, and all great in their day.