I understand the need for the operating system elements to change over time,
but, like the tab bar on the Safari 4 Beta, the vertical "traffic lights" are a
mistake. They don't match any other part of the operating system, or any other
operating system for that matter. Every other operating major operating system
ever made has had the window buttons placed horizontally along the top of the
window, because that's the logical place for them as there is already a title
taking up part of that space. There is no title bar in the new iTunes design,
presumably because they expect everyone to know what iTunes looks like. While
that may work for one unique and well known application, they couldn't possibly
get rid of the title bar system wide, so I figure this design is doomed. I'm
fine with new features and appearances making their way into the operating
system, but only when they make sense.

Steven