On 2010/10/07 08:30, Bruce Johnson wrote:
On Oct 7, 2010, at 4:29 AM, Jonathan<jonathan.newcas...@googlemail.com>  wrote:

>  I think it would be nieve of me to ask if there was another forum
>  where people didn't troll about so much, treating their mac's like
>  their own children
There's a reason we're all still here after all these years.

This is a forum in the traditional sense of the word, but not so much in internet parlance. A mailing list tends to be more focused on a single general topic, iMacs in this case though it seems to have loosened up from just a few years ago, whereas forums are more generally focused places where one can post not only on topic but things such as jokes, videos, images and discuss topics outside of the primary topic such as current events.

So in my eyes anyway they are two different animals. Having said that I prefer LEM lists to the vast majority of forums. I can do without the chaos just fine.

Tina

--

iMac 20" USB 2, 1.25 GHz G4, 2 GB RAM, GeForce FX 5200 Ultra 64 MB DDR
Power Mac June 04, 2 GHz G5 DP, 8 GB RAM, GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL 256 MB