On 2010/10/13 04:17, Gerald Uhlan wrote:
How do you get to this HTML 5 version of YouTube?  My G4 iMac chokes on
many of the videos, unless I change to the 240p version (when available).

I don't remember exactly where on YouTube's site the HTML 5 option is but a search will hopefully take you to it.

You need to sign in first before you can sign up for HTML 5, thereafter you need to be signed in to view HTML 5 videos. Also the last I heard was that not all videos are available in HTML 5, but that may have changed by now.

Update: Here is the link to sign up for HTML 5:

<http://www.youtube.com/html5>

It has specific browser requirements, and videos that contain ads will still play in Flash. Happy viewing!

Tina

--

iMac 20" USB 2, 1.25 GHz G4, 2 GB RAM, GeForce FX 5200 Ultra 64 MB DDR
Power Mac June 04, 2 GHz G5 DP, 8 GB RAM, GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL 256 MB