Suddenly in my Network list, there is something called Azip-Vaio. Even
root cannot make it go away or change its perms. When I go into my
Network preferences now, I get a repeated message: Your network
settings have been changed by another application. When I click OK or
Cancel the message reappears until I force-quit System Preferences.
What is this and what do I do???

I had been trying to connect a G4 to this iMac G4 800 with an ethernet
cord. I also obtained an Airport Base Station that was plugged in but
unconnected to either mac---though I do have a working Airport card in
the iMac.

I am worried this Azip_Vaio is something very bad esp cuz it gives
such error messages in the preferences. My internet connection and
Airport itself are still working well.

What I'd *like* to do is connect the G4 Tower to the iMac, either by
using the base station or via ethernet. So far, no good though. The G4
tower lacks Airport.