On Oct 19, 12:31 pm, Ashgrove <salum...@gmail.com> wrote:
> They say curiosity killed the cat. So, anyway, my cat Leo bought me a
> mini-DVI to HDMI adapter, and my cat Ayesha bought me an HDMI cable --
> all for less than $6. (My cats are very frugal. They barely give me
> any lunch money.) We'll wait and see, and either them or I will report
> back.

A curious update. I finally got both the HDMI cable and the mini-DVI
to HDMI adapter. The iMac detects them, detects the monitor, detects
different HD modes (1080i, 1080p, and so forth), but does not show any
image on the Asus monitor. It stays pitch black. It's still working
fine with DVI input, though.

Needless to say, my cat is very disappointed...