On Nov 10, 2:22 am, Ashgrove <salum...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A curious update. I finally got both the HDMI cable and the mini-DVI
> to HDMI adapter. The iMac detects them, detects the monitor, detects
> different HD modes (1080i, 1080p, and so forth), but does not show any
> image on the Asus monitor. It stays pitch black. It's still working
> fine with DVI input, though.

Yet another update, and a happier one. My cat started fiddling with
the Asus' controls, and remembered that I had manually set it up for
DVI input. So he set in turn it up for HDMI, and --voila! It's
dazzlingly working on 1080p. (It's literally dazzling --so bright, it
almost hurts my eyes.)

My cat is a very happy camper, and even promised me some lunch money.